Apple just streamed it’s Far Out event and launched various new products and features. The launch consisted of three product categories: the Apple Watch, AirPods and the most obvious one, the iPhone. Along with these products, various features were announced. So let us see what Apple launched today.
Apple Watch series 8, new generation SE and Ultra
Apple launched it’s latest series 8 Apple watch along with a new generation of it’s more affordable SE model. This time, Apple added a new watch called Apple Watch Ultra which Apple states is specifically designed for atheletes.
- Series 8 now has a temperature sensor along with the other regular sensors, which can measure the wrist temperature. This feature has been associated with better tracking of menstrual cycle in women, with a new ovulation tracker.
- It is water resistant upto 50 metres, crack resistant and dust resistant.
- Introduces a new safety feature called Car Crash Detection which detects car crashes and automatically send notifications to emergency contacts. It uses new advanced sensors and their combinations to detect a car crash.
- Has all the new features of the latest watchOS along with the features which were in previous watch models like heart rate sensing, activity tracking, menstrual cycle tracking, etc.
- Crash Detection is also available in the SE model.
- Perhaps what’s new in this segment is the Watch Ultra. The Ultra watch has a new design with an additional button called the action button.
- The digital crown is made bigger. A new exclusive watch face called Wayfinder watch face is added to the ultra model.
- Now, night mode can be turned on by rotating the digital crown on the new Apple Watch Ultra.
- It has a battery saving low power mode.
- It introduces three bands namely Alpine loop, Trail loop and Ocean Band.
- Apple states that it can operate between -20 degree celsius to 55 degree celsius, thus making it suitable in harsh climatic conditions.
- The starting price of Series 8, SE and Ultra are respectively Rs. 45900, Rs. 29900 and Rs. 89900.
New generation AirPods Pro
- The new AirPods Pro is powered by Apple H1 chip which Apple claims to deliver clear and crisp sound, better bass and more.
- Spatial Audio has been improved and personalised spatial audio promises to give better and accurate sounds.
- A new touch sensor is being added along with the force touch sensors which now allows to turn volume up and down by touching.
- Apple claims a 6 hours listening time with this new AirPods (with Active Noise Cancellation enabled).
- There is a new built-in speaker in the case to play sounds to find it easily using Find My.
- It has a price tag of Rs. 26900.
iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 has a 6.1 inch screen and the plus has a 6.7 inch screen. The Plus model has a bigger battery life.
- Both the models are protected by the Ceramic Shield.
- Crash detection is available in iPhone also.
- They both have the A15 bionic chip.
- Prices start from Rs. 79900.
- The new iPhone 14 Pro has a new 48MP main rear camera with a quad pixel sensor, a telephoto and a ultra wide camera.
- Has Apple’s latest A16 chip.
- The Pro models are available in 4 colours: Deep Purple, Gold, Silver, Space Black.
- Pro models doesn’t have a notch, instead it has a punch hole display which Apple calls the Dynamic Island. Apple has designed a new interface to make the punch hole less of a flaw and more of a feature.
- iPhone now has Always-On Display on the pro models, a feature many were waiting for.
- Apple, in the event has also announced an emergency SOS via satellite feature.
- Video playback of up to 23 hours and 29 hours on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max respectively.
- iPhone 14 Pro price starts at Rs. 129900 and price of iPhone 14 Pro Max starts at Rs. 139900.
That was all. Check out Apple Website for knowing more.
Also read:Three reasons I love using an iPhone