Instagram is a popular platform. Almost everyone is on it now. It’s popularity is on the rise as it’s features continue to attract new users. It is one among the top three social media apps and has billions of downloads on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
But still there can be many reasons for people to deactivate or to delete it. Maybe you’re getting distracted or spending too much time. Or maybe you have another account and want to get rid of a particular account. Whatever be the reason, you can choose to either deactivate or delete your Instagram account.
Deactivation is temporary and it keeps your account temporarily unavailable and you can reactivate it at any given point of time by logging into it using your username and password.
Deletion is a permanent process. Here, after you apply for deletion, your account is deactivated for 30 days and after that period, your account gets completely deleted. If you change your mind, you can choose to keep the account by logging into your account within those 30 days.
Here I will show you how to delete or deactivate your Instagram account.
Using the mobile app (iOS)
To delete/deactivate your Instagram account using the mobile app, make sure you are using the latest version of the app. If not, update the app. This is because earlier versions may not have the option to delete or deactivate right from the app. After updating and logging in follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram App.
- Press on the profile tab on the bottom navigation bar. It is located on the right most side of the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, press the hamburger menu icon (three parallel lines) located on the top right corner.
- Click on settings.
- Go to account.
- Scroll down and click on Delete Account.
- Now, you need to choose whether to deactivate it or to delete it. Choose your option by clicking the suitable button.
- You will be redirected to a webpage, where you will be asked the reason for deletion/deactivation. Provide your reason.
- Enter your password to confirm deletion or deactivation.
- You will see a message confirming the deletion/deactivation process.
Using the website
To delete your Instagram account from the website
- click on this link.
- If you are not logged in, log in using your username and password of the account you wish to delete.
- Select your reason for deletion using the dropdown menu.
- Enter your password and press the delete button.
- You will see a message confirming the deletion process.
Hope that this post helped you! Keep visiting iCuriousGeek.