If you use the internet, then there’s no way you haven’t heard about ChatGPT till now. It has been trending on the internet. There is one or another reel out there on Instagram about ChatGPT. And the most important thing being said is that the development of ChatGPT might lead to a dangerous situation for Google’s Search Engine business. But there are lot more things needed to be considered if we think about this in depth. Let us understand this whole thing in an appropriate manner which will help us to see all the possibilities of this AI system and it’s consequences.
What is ChatGPT?
Well, ChatGPT is an Artificial Intelligence chat system developed by the OpenAI team. The GPT in it’s name stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer. It is a chatbot which has been trained to have conversations in a natural manner. It has been fed huge amounts of data from which it learns and generates responses and presents it to the user.
The concept which acts as the backbone of these kinds of chatbots is NLP(Natural Language Processing). Efforts are being made to make the conversation between machines and humans as natural as possible. A good example of this is the demonstration by Google in it’s I/O conference which showed its assistant booking a restaurant table on behalf of a human. The goal is to make these conversations as natural as possible.
ChatGPT is made with the same concept. It can understand the context of the query and is able to give appropriate responses. In fact, it can even generate computer code when it is told to do so.
How ChatGPT differ from search engines
ChatGPT is designed to deliver responses in textual format while search engines deliver responses in the form of relevant links along with a small description and the url. The user is supposed to visit the links and find their answers.
In the case of ChatGPT, user gets the responses directly in textual format, therefore no need of visiting various websites and finding out the answers.
Advantages of ChatGPT over search engines
- Gives textual answers to queries.
- Answers are, in most cases, to the point and doesn’t require much inspection.
- Can generate computer code just with an instruction.
- Doesn’t require the user to visit from one link to another to find out the answer.
Advantages of search engines over ChatGPT
- You can verify the source of the information.
- The results shown are mostly from websites where content is created by humans.
- Fact checking is possible quickly.
- The information pool available is usually large.
What is Google Bard?
Google Bard is a similar kind of chatbot released by Google. It is google’s take on ChatGPT’s dominance. Google Bard will be integrated in google’s search result pages to deliver quick and useful answers which will be generated by it’s AI technology.
Will Google Bard defeat ChatGPT in it’s own game?
Well, There is a huge possibility of Google Bard emerging as the best AI chatbot. The reasons are as follows:
- Google has been gathering information for many years and therefore has a huge pool of information, probably more than what ChatGPT has.
- Google has been developing various AI technologies since years and they can easily put together all those to create a super powerful AI chatbot.
- Google’s products already have huge user base, so any update will reach millions of users instantly.
- Google has a great brand value and people trust the brand. It will definitely help google to a large extent.
But this doesn’t mean google can win easily. Google bard needs to be an exceptional product to succeed. Recently, Google Bard showed some inaccurate results which led to negative reviews about the product. But still, google undoubtedly has all the tools and technologies to make the best product of that segment.
AI and job threat
The question that keeps popping in everyone’s minds is that whether jobs will be affected by these technologies especially that of content creation, as these technologies can generate content in seconds. There is no clear cut answer to this question. But the best outcome we can hope for is that these technologies act as a helping hand in idea gathering, organising data and ultimately help creators to create great content. The best case scenario is AI working as a helping hand and assisting humans in accomplishing complex tasks.
You can try ChatGPT here:https://chat.openai.com/
Read about Google Bard:https://blog.google/technology/ai/bard-google-ai-search-updates/
You may like reading this:Five must have mobile apps for growing your business